Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Still tired... And overweight

I'm still inexplicably exhausted every morning when I wake up.

There are fewer idle moments. Moments I used to hate but now I crave.

I have just accepted the fact that I am overweight. I'm getting too fat too fast. Now what am I to do?

Eating has become more than just a necessity for me, it's a pastime, a celebration, a way to break the stress.

The unrelenting forward momentum of work, school and life always push me to the next meal. Eating is the like an aspirin to a headache. It relieves the discomfort, but the source is undeniably still there.

Life isn't slowing down. In my efforts to be "competitive" and yet still enjoy life, I've pushed and strained myself to my limits... That's when I eat.

Lunch break and merienda are welcome events that "pause" the work tasks of the day and dinner time is the climax.

The thing about dinner time is that's the meal where there is no time limit. It's not like breakfast where I'd be in such a hurry to get to work, or lunch where I have to eat in an hour and a half or less. Dinner time at the end of the day has no succeeding event save for sleep. I take my time and indulge in the home cooked meal before me. That's where I gain the most weight: eating 'till I'm about to burst then going straight to sleep.

I don't set aside time to exercise regularly anymore. Going home late from work discourages any sort of activity at night. The weeknight jogs I used to take are now a thing of a past as staying in the office way past 7 has become the norm... No one is forcing me to stay most of those times. I guess I have to learn when to stop working, to stop pushing myself to do more at work.

I have to stop this weight gain and get some more exercise. The workout might help with my constant tiredness too. So here's what I'll try to start doing.

1. Go home early. If its past 7, it can wait 'till tomorrow.

2. Eat heavy breakfasts and light dinners. At least on weekdays. Saturday and Sunday are cheat days.

3. Exercise! Simple exercises in the morning and ab ripper few times a week. Jog once in a while and contemplate getting a gym membership.

4. Watch what I eat. Less carbs, sugars and deep fried food, more vegetables, fish and lean meats

5. Sleep early. Never stay up past 12 (except for Saturday nights!)

I should print out this list and hang it somewhere. I think I have to remind myself of this.

Going to try eating fresh lumpia for lunch alternating with "Che Che" food and baon and let's see where it goes. That's the easiest thing to start with.

Already squeezed in an an ripper routine tonight, I'll try another one after tomorrow.

And now it's late, so I should sleep. Only had one serving of dinner at 7 and I've been holding myself back from eating the entire night! This is the hardest thing to do on the entire list!

Lord grant me strength! Operation diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment